Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Update on my Grad School Application Drama: Yesterday after I talked to the grad studies office I called the application coordinator at the social office and left her a voicemail explaining the situation and asked her to call me back or email me. This morning I woke up and headed right over to the CJC. I had Ann fill out the cover sheet evaluation for my letter of recommendation and print out the letter again and then I put it into an envelope and personally walked it over to the grad school office at BYU myself. I was really ticked. After that I hit the gym and did a couple other things. When I checked my email later in the day I had gotten a response from the woman at the social work office that I had called yesterday. She said that already had already had all three of my recommendations, that she had received Ann's via fax a few weeks ago, and that she had forwarded my application on to the admissions board for review. Needless to say I was even more irritated with the grad studies office. I mean really, Ann faxed that letter of recommendation around the 18th of January! And yet somehow they have no record of having received the fax or forwarding it onto the social work office like they apparently did. And on top of that, it took them at least a week to update my application status online and even at that when I look at it my application status just says that Ann started the recommendation but hasn't completed it and officially submitted it yet. Needless to say I'm not too impressed with the grad school office and I think that they will be getting a piece of my mind via a comment card or something!
Other than that, I didn't do much today. It was my roommate Katherine's birthday and we celebrated with her. We all went out to Olive Garden and then came back and had lemon cake that I made per Katherine's request.
Funny Story: Katherine is really quite shy but has this strange obsession with guys with 6-packs. Dave has a pretty good one. Once before Dave and I started dating Katherine saw a picture of Dave shirtless when we went swimming one day and she came rushing over to me exclaiming "You should date him! Have you seen his stomach?!" haha Anyway, for Katherine's birthday our other roommate Lisa and our friend Lacey decided that they wanted to set it up so that 22 men would come and give Katherine roses randomly throughout the day (it's her 22nd birthday). They asked Dave to be one of the guys to give her a rose and when he did he decided to be funny and have his shirt off. So he knocks on our door and Katherine opened it and there is Dave standing shirtless with a rose. I thought Katherine was about to die. Her excitement only deepened when two of the other guys who gave her roses and also knew about her 6-pack obsession showed up with their roses and no shirts! haha

No comments: