Friday, February 11, 2011

Last night I made some oatmeal butterscotch cookies. Because of my yoga excursion I didn't get to baking them all so I still had some dough left over in the fridge. This morning as I was lying in bed, my eyes opened and I thought I want some cookie dough. So, I promptly got out of bed and went ate cookie dough for breakfast. haha So much for trying to eat healthy. Woops...
I then sat down and watched some I Love Lucy until Dave got back from school. He then took me over to the towing company to pick up my car. I walked in and the guy was like "Do you know how much the charge will be?" and I was like "Well the sign said $145" and he said "Yeah, that's the towing fee. There's also a $30 state charge to make sure that the car wasn't stolen and a $25 dollar storage charge. It's going to come to $200 even...if you pay with cash...but if you pay with a card we have a 5% processing fee so it'll be $210" Really, I ask you, who just carries around $200 in cash! First, they jack my car and then they charge me out the wazoo to get it back. But what can you do? So, 10 minutes and $210 later I was driving Winkle back to my apartment complex.
After that I made Dave and I lunch and then just hung out before he had to go back to class. He called and scheduled a flight to go down to Tucson in the first part of March and interview for a summer internship with Raytheon Aerospace. He's also applying to Ball and I think a few other places but Raytheon looks really promising since his dad works there and if I remember correctly Dave's dad's boss asked him if Dave was going to submit a resume. 
After Dave left for school I hit up the gym and worked out with some Wiifit. And then just chilled for a bit. Around 5:30pm Dave, my roommate Jaime, and I went over to the BYU Bookstore to buy a BYU tie for Daddy to use in some gag he's got going with one of the guys he's in the YM presidency with. Then we went back to my apt and ate dinner and then Dave, our friends Mike and T, and I went over to this bakery in south Provo called the Sweet Tooth Fairy. It was featured on the food channel so we all wanted to try it. The boys were all pretty pleased with their cupcakes. I thought that their cookies and other baked goods left somewhat to be desired. We then went over to this store called FYE and looked around for a bit and then eventually back to Dave's to play this game called Dominion.
This is where I have to admit that I was bit of a jerk. We were playing this game and Dave was taking forever on his turn...repeatedly. It was really starting to get on my nerves but I'm afraid that I was a little too vocal and I ended up hurting his feelings. Dave, who never gets mad and angry finally shot back "I wasn't doing it on purpose just to annoy you!" and then I felt like crap. He's so sweet and he never gets mad or angry at me when I'm sure that there are a thousand things that he has cause to and yet I'm a brat and make him feel terrible and get upset at him for doing something so small and something that he wasn't even meaning to do, he was just playing his game. I took him out to the hall and apologized and I told him how sorry I was and he says that all is forgiven and I know that it is because that's just the kind of person he is but I still feel terrible for the way that I acted. I definitely have some repenting to do. :(

No comments: