Sunday, February 13, 2011

Today was a pretty good day. I had more success at getting to church this week than I did last. I woke up at 10:45am aiming to get to Relief Society on time if I did my hair and makeup super quick. That didn't happen, but at least I made it to Sunday School and I actually got to take the sacrament today! Yahoo!
In Sunday School we talked about following Christ and his prophets and apostles. We talked about how the early and modern day apostles give up everything to follow the Lord and proclaim his gospel. It really made me think about whether or not I do that. Whether or not I'm willing to give up everything and follow Christ. It's like yesterday I was reading "Beware of Pride" by President Benson and he says that the most important question a man can ask himself is not "what does man think of me?" but "what does God think of me?" I have resolved that this will be my new motto and that I will do my best to give all that I have in devotion to the Lord.
After church Dave came over for lunch and then we went over to help a girl across the hall move out (apparently she is moving home due to some health problems.) After that we had dinner and just hung out for the rest of the evening. It turned out to be a pretty relaxing day which I needed since yesterday was most assuredly not.

No comments: