Saturday, February 26, 2011

Today was pretty boring....
I woke up around noon ate lunch and then hit the gym. I don't usually do the gym on Saturdays but I missed going Wednesday because of work, so I needed to catch up and pretty much everyone was gone anyway.
I came back from the gym ready to get in the shower and get the filth off me only to find much to my chagrin that my roommate had stolen all the hot water. I was pretty frustrated especially seeing as how I had just asked not even a month ago if we could refrain from having one person expend all the hot water on themselves. I had to wait an hour wallowing in my nastiness before the water heated back up and even then it was only warm for like 5min before it turned cold again.
After I hopped out of the shower and got dressed I ran over to the mall still in search of a tie for Dave. I finally found one that would match well enough and purchased it. He said he really liked it, or at least I hope he did. A bunch of us ordered pizza and so we chowed down and chilled out for a little while. Dave and I took a nap on the couch. Sleeping next to the kid is a lot like how sleeping next to Ben used to be. He's just this solid mass right there next to you, it's almost like sleeping next to a really big dense pillow that gives off heat. It does lead to a pretty good nap though.
Later in the evening a bunch of us went to go play Wal-Mart Tag. Dave and I think still have some communication issues I think. Just in that like today when we were trying to decide if we wanted to join the others for Wal-Mart Tag I told him that I really didn't care one way or the other so he needed to make a decision...if he wanted to go then we could go. The problem is that he says he can be happy doing whatever and so he wants to do what I want to do. He says that he doesn't always want me to do stuff just because he wants to if I really don't want to do them and that it's more fun if we're doing something that we both enjoy.. But a lot of times I'm pretty content to stick to my hermit-ish ways and bum around the house. I know that he likes going out and being active and doing stuff so I go with him. I insist that we go out and do stuff that I know he wants to do because it is important for me to put him above myself but then he says he feels bad because we're constantly going out and doing stuff that he wants to do that I don't really want to do, but I would feel bad if we were to stay. So it's kind of like a stalemate sometimes.  Tonight I finally told Dave how I felt, that yeah, a lot of times I don't want to go out and do stuff, but that it's important for me to do stuff for him because I know that he likes it, and a lot of times I usually end up happy that I did something despite the fact that I didn't want to in the beginning. I also reminded him that I'm pretty good at expressing when I genuinely don't want to do something, which he didn't try and argue with. :) I promised him that that wouldn't change. That being said I hope the situation has resolved itself. I still just think it's sweet that that kid is more concerned about me than he is about himself.
After Tag at Wal-Mart Dave and I dropped by the BYU Creamery and picked up some milk and Oreos then we went back to the apartments and watched an edited version of Terminator 2 before I had to go to work.
One of the things that I really appreciate about Dave is that it doesn't matter what is going on or what he is involved in, when it is time for me to go to work he stops what he is doing for a few minutes and walks me out to my car to say goodbye. It's really sweet of him and I don't think he really knows how much it means to me.  I've tried to tell him but I really just can't find the right words. In any case, that boy really does wonders for me and I feel really blessed that I've gotten to know him, not even necessarily date him but just know him as a person....I just wish I could find the words to tell him.

1 comment:

blondeviolin said...

You should tell Dave that your sister says you've always been like this. You may fuss and whine and moan about going, but then after you DO go and are dragged wherever it is, you typically have fun.

Glad that he's good for you, though.