Saturday, February 5, 2011

So, I've decided that since I have a lot of free time on my hands at work most nights why not update this thing more regularly. Even if I am just sending these out into the void.

This morning I meant to get up early and go to the gym (I have a monthly membership at 24Hour) but that didn't really happen. I didn't wake up until about 11:20am and Dave was coming by a little after 1pm to pick me up to go to the University Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) vs. BYU basketball game. Normally I would have gone but I probably wouldn't have gotten there until closer to noon and I never take less than an hour at the gym no matter how hard I try. That means that I probably wouldn't have gotten back until around 1pm and wouldn't have been able to be ready in time for Dave to pick me up.
 Dave picked me up a little later than expected and we headed over to the game. It was packed! Apparently it was pretty highly anticipated game for some reason. My roommate Anna told me that there had been people camping out in line for that game since Wednesday, that's a die hard fan right there. The game was pretty spectacular! Jimmer Fredette the guard for BYU has garnered a pretty good reputation. At today's game he broke the record for most points scored by a single player in the entire Mountain West Conference! He's pretty much guaranteed to make it to the NBA.
Dave and I had a double date this evening with his old roommate and our mutual friend Cody. Unfortunately we had leave the game a little early. Dave was a little bummed because it was his first time at a BYU basketball game and it was proving to be a pretty good one. Anyway, we went and saw a play that Cody had picked out for the date, get this Babe. I know what you're thinking...pig movie? And yes, you would be correct. We got there and it actually turned out to be more a production for little kids, with the actors pulling them in as extras and such. It really was more a play for young families and such but we all enjoyed ourselves anyway. Afterwards, we went to this place called Nicolitalia Pizzeria! Best Pizza Ever! It was so delicious. Dave and Cody decided to try this drink called the "Mitt Romney" it was equal parts Sprite, Root Beer, Gatorade, and Apple Beer. Nasty if you ask me but they both loved it. 
After dinner we went our separate ways. Dave and I headed to the grocery store so that I could pick up some much needed milk, eggs, and butter. I actually ran into an old friend of mine from my ward last year. It was good to catch up with him. Dave and I then headed back home. We hung out with his roommates for a little while and discussed the phenomena that is male back hair. Finally, after being sufficiently grossed out, Dave and I went back to the store to pick up some stuff for dinner tomorrow. We are going to be making 7-Layer Dip and watch the Superbowl!
So last week I went to the gym and my right shin was sort of hurting a little but it went away so I didn't think much of it, but the Pain came back tonight. I asked Dave about it and he thought it could be shin splints. Whatever it is I hope it goes away quick because I dislike them whole heartedly, and it really hurts to walk up stairs. There were a few times that Dave noticed me limping from it and just scooped me up and carried me the rest of the way. He really is too good to me!




 

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Thanks for the update George!! I keep thinking I need to call you. Maybe when I get a free minute without kids screaming. . .

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

I miss you! I hope your leg gets better and I HOPE you keep updating. :)