Sunday, February 27, 2011

This morning when I got off work I showered and went to sleep out on the couch thinking that I might hear my roommates when they got up and started getting ready for church. I had hoped it would help get me up earlier and get me to church on time....it didn't. Today was fast Sunday because we have stake conference next week. Which, since the Provo Tabernacle (where we traditionally held stake conference) burned down in December we have to find a way to cram ourselves into one of the buildings on campus! Our stake conference isn't until later in the day on Sunday. I think like 1-3 or possibly even 3-5...I'm not sure which. It's lame but what can you do?
When I got back from church at 2 I noticed that I had missed a phone call from someone and that I had a voice-mail. When I checked it it was someone from my work saying that they knew it was my day off but asking if I could work a shift tonight anyway. This was news to me since I'm traditionally schedules to work Sunday nights. I called back and apparently someone had made a scheduling error. Woops.
Speaking of work I think I might try to get into what they call the HV Pool. It's basically the same thing that I do now but I cover extra shifts instead...the bonus is that I get to make my own schedule which is nice because I wouldn't have to go to work at 10pm every Friday night right when people are in the middle of activities.
After that I tinkered around a bit longer before finally laying down to take a nap. It didn't really happen though. Pretty soon my roommates home teachers stopped by and then a million people came to the door...
Dave showed up not long after that though and told me that dinner was going to be ready in like 5minutes anyway so it turned out kind of provident that I didn't actually get the chance to fall asleep. T did dinner today for dinner group. He had gone out yesterday afternoon and bought a couple of pizzas from Papa Murphy's. Needless to say we were all very happy people. After dinner I finally laid down to take my nap and Dave joined me.
I had been asleep about an hour when I heard a knock at the door. My natural tendency was to just ignore it as I was in the middle of some intense z's but I decided to answer it anyway. Good thing too, it turned out to be Allen and Jim asking to see if they could use my apartment to give a girl in lour ward a blessing. I guess her apartment and theirs were both busy? In any case I was happy to oblige. I nudged Dave and we maintained consciousness long enough for them to give her the blessing and then I fell back asleep and I'm pretty sure Dave did as well.
We woke up about an hour later. We went over to Dave's to see what everyone was up to, which was really not that much. We ended up catching a bit of the Oscars because Lacey wanted to see them. Eventually though Dave said that the awards were kind of bugging him because he didn't really care and he changed it to Pearl Harbor instead.Good movie.
Other than that it's kind of just been an off day. I'm sure I'll get over it but for right now I'm a little concerned.

No comments: