Sunday, February 6, 2011

So, I feel really bad writing this, kind of like it's a cop-out, but my work schedule is making it ridiculously hard to get to church on time. My church starts at 11am and getting off work at 7am and then going home and only getting like 2.5hrs of sleep is a little ridiculous. Today my roommate Lisa came into my room and was like "Felly, it's 10:50" at which point I rolled over and told her "Ok, thanks. I'll get up later. I'm not going to Relief Society." And then I rolled over and went back to sleep. I didn't wake up again until 12:05 when Dave texted me and asked me if I had any intention of coming to church. haha I told him I did and asked him to save me a seat in Sacrament. I promptly bolted out of bed and frantically began getting ready for church. Even at that I still  missed the passing of the Sacrament. :{ I think what I may have to start doing is just staying up after I get back from work and then zonking out for a couple of hours after I get home. On the bright side, I did get caught up on all my tithing today! :)
After church I changed my clothes, grabbed some food and some necessary baking supplies and headed over to Dave's. I made No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars. They turned out alright, but I don't know that I'd make them again. The butter separated from the oats despite the fact that I cooked them and they tasted a lot like No Bake Cookies, which I think I prefer just a little bit more. It was a test out though.
Dave, Allen, and pretty much everyone else went off to Break the Fast at that point. They had soup and bread bowls. Let me tell you, give a bunch of college age males very short notice and no real ingredients and ask them to concoct soup and you'll get some very interesting mixtures. It was quite an entertaining spectacle to behold. It kind of reminded me of that scene from Singles Ward where the guys makes Lasagna with feta cheese because that's what he has. haha
After everyone returned from retrieving their soup we all sat down and talked for a little while before the Super Bowl started. I was completely opinionated for some reason and wanted the Packers to win. Weird since I really have no history with the Packers whatsoever, I think it was basically because they were the underdogs. Anyway, it proved to be an exciting game with the Packers intercepting a pass from the Steelers and scoring a touchdown and then making 2 more touchdowns from turnovers (if I 'member correctly.) That was basically what we did with our afternoon here in Provizzle. About half way through the game Dave and I made some 7 Layer Bean Dip which proved to be a delicious snack to tied us over for the rest of the game. The Black-Eyed Peas did the half time show and let me tell you, while there wasn't any indecent exposure like there has been in Super Bowls of the past, the Peas really don't sound that great performing live. We all wondered how so many people in the stadium were cheering for them and decided that they must have done a studio recording which they played over the loudspeaker at the stadium in Arlington, TX where the game was played. The game ended with the Packers winning, which most people were quite ecstatic about.
After the game I took the liberty to clean up Dave's kitchen a bit since I'd made a mess of it throughout the day. Dave came over to help me and when I told him that he could go sit down and relax and enjoy himself he told me that he enjoyed spending time with me, even if it was just cleaning the kitchen, and that that was what he wanted to do. A little piece of my fell in love with him all over again when he said that.
When the kitchen was all straightened Dave and I joined in for a couple of games of Rook with our friend's Lacey and Ryan. We played guys vs. girls and Dave and Ryan slaughtered Lacey and I which Dave was pretty excited about.
 Sometime around the first of the year Dave and I started reading scriptures together nightly. I know that the Brethren have counseled young couples against it, and I don't even know how it happened but somehow we started. Well ever since I started my job at the hospital Dave and I have been kind of slacking in our paired
scripture study. The other night when I was at work I got a text from Dave telling me that we should pick it up again. So tonight after Rook we sat down and read some scriptures together (only half of 1NE 13 because I had to leave for work.)
After that it was pretty much time for me to head to work which is where I find myself now in between hourly checks and intermittently texting Dave.
So, today I mentioned in passing that I don't really think I'm that nice of a person. I say this occasionally and it always seems to bother Dave. It's not that I think I'm a terrible person, but I don't think I'm as nice as I always could be. I find myself getting easily irritated or doing things begrudgingly when I don't really want to. Well I said that today and Dave finally said he'd had enough and told me that I needed to stop saying that because if I kept saying that then I wasn't going to become a good person but rather, I really would become a mean person. He said that your subconscious will more easily believe things that you say out loud than it will things that you simply think so that I needed to start telling myself that I am a nice person. He told me that he thinks I'm a wonderful person and that it makes him sad when I discount myself. What a great guy right?  I honestly wonder everyday what I did to deserve that boy. But for now I have decided that even if I don't necessarily think I'm the greatest person, the least I can do is start telling myself that I am, if for no other reason than for Dave. And who knows, maybe Dave is right and my telling myself that will eventually help me become the person that I want to be. As long as I don't get too prideful. But then one of my new years resolutions is to be less prideful and judgmental so hopefully I'll be aware if I start doing it. Who knows? Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jenna Paulsen said...

Don't sell yourself short. You're an amazing person, and I have always thought that. You've never had an ill word for anyone :)