Thursday, February 10, 2011

Today, was my day off and hence a really lazy one. I'm getting adjusted to the schedule during the work week but still find myself pooped when my days off finally rolled around. :{ That being said I don't think that I will be picking up any extra shifts around the hospital until that has dissipated a little bit.
It really was just the same old same old around here. Woke up, cleaned a little bit and then hit the gym.
A few months ago my friend Tyrell (we call him T for short) suggested that we make some home made jam. Dave and I both thought it sounded like a great idea, the only problem has been that its the dead of winter and there aren't really that many fruits that are ripe this time of year that you would really want to turn into jam. Well, I noticed that Strawberries have been around in abundance, and on sale too, what with V-day approaching and all so Monday I told T and suggested that we make jam sometime this week. Well, this afternoon I bought all the necessary ingredients and tonight we proceeded to turn strawberries into jam. The recipe on the back of the pectin box said that about 2lbs of strawberries would make one batch of jam and I bought 4lbs of strawberries so we were just expecting two batches of strawberry jam (about 10 cups) we were way surprised when we squeezed out four batches of jam (about 20 cups) and still had enough strawberries to make milkshakes/pour over our ice-cream. It was kind of ridiculous.
We ended the evening with some board games. All in all it was pretty great relaxing day away from work And now, I'm off to bed (before 7am!).

No comments: