Friday, February 18, 2011

Today, was actually quite a relaxing one.
I woke up and dinked around for a little bit. Around noon Dave came over and we had some lunch and then I dropped him off at school. Apparently he thinks that his car "TJ" (stands for The Jeep) has a gas leak and so he doesn't want to drive it a lot until it gets fixed. However, seeing as how TJ is about as old as Dave and I are and Dave does most of the repairs himself it could take a while.
After that I went to the gym, which, happy day (!) I'm finally starting to see some improvement! :) When I got back from that Lacey called me and asked if she could get something out of my car. I think I wrote about how she totaled her car last Saturday and asked me if I could take her to get her stuff out of it Monday afternoon. Well, her stuff has been sitting in my car since then. She asked if she could grab something out of my car that she had borrowed from her brother and if I could give her a ride down to Springville to return it to him. I did that and when I got home promptly jumped into the shower. I had just gotten out of the shower when I got a call from Dave asking me if I wouldn't mind picking him up from campus. So I left with sopping wet hair and no make-up to get him.
I picked Dave up from campus and on the way back he asked if we could stop by his work. He said that if he was going to be working on TJ this weekend he kind of wanted to grab his grubby work jeans. He also asked if we could stop by the Jeep dealership so that he could purchase some o-rings that he hopes will help fix the gas leak. We then went home and I finished getting dressed before heading back out to Michael's to grab some yarn.
For Valentine's Day my roommate Lisa made her boyfriend John a hat. When we all went out to Chipotle that night for dinner Dave was looking at John's hat and said "That's a cool hat." and I said "Yeah, that's a cool hat. Lisa did a good job with it." and Dave was like "Yeah, I like it." At this point, thinking that maybe he was hinting at something I asked "Do you want me to make you a hat Dave?" to which he said "I don't know...I don't wear a hats." and I asked "You mean like never?" and he said "Well, I had a beenie once. But, I don't know, I don't have a hat...so I don't wear them." Anyway, I'm thinking that this might have been Dave asking for one without really knowing how to ask and I have a lot of time on my hands at work so I've decided that I'm going to knit Dave a hat. That's what the yarn is for.
After I got back from getting yarn Dave and I went out with T, Jim, and our other friend Bryan and got some Sushi. I know most of you don't like it...or think you don't like it based on some pre-conceived notion about fish....especially raw fish. But it's soooo good. Give it a try, especially the tempura stuff and I think you might be surprised.
After that we went back to my apt and watched an episode of "I Love Lucy" before I had to go to work and Dave wen to go play Sardines in the Library with a bunch of people. I converted Dave to Lucy and I bought the entire series on DVD back in January so we've slowly but surely been making our way through the episodes. And that's life for this Provo kid.

No comments: