Monday, February 14, 2011

Today, actually turned out to be quite a bit busier than I planned.
I woke up today around noon having slept about 4.5hrs after what felt like a very long night at work.Upon my stumbling out of bed I had a text message from my friend Lacey asking me if I could take her to her car at 1:15pm (she got into a car accident Saturday morning and needed to be driven to the towing facility to get some stuff out of the trunk.) I replied that I most definitely could. I had a few other errands that I needed to run before doing that which included going to the post office to mail some stuff to mom and dad and then hitting up Best Buy for a b-day present for Jaime, my roommate, because today was her 24th birthday. I promptly ran to get those done before picking up Lacey.
On my way back from Best Buy (they didn't have what I was looking for) I got a text message from Lacey changing the time to 2:20. When I got the text message I was stopped at a light at the intersection right next to my gym. Needing to go and get my workout done for the day, I decided to just go to the gym for a bit until it was time to take Lacey to her car. Well, I was right in the middle of my workout when I get a phone call from Lacey asking if she could come pick her up to go get her stuff from the car, at this time it was about 1:28. I promptly left the gym and went to go get Lacey. When she got in the car we both realized we had a bit of a miscommunication and that she had texted me 2:20 but meant 1:20 instead. We got to the towing lot and no one was there to let us in to see her car so we turned around and I dropped Lacey off at her apt and then went back to my place to change into some more appropriate gym attire. I headed back to the gym but right as I was pulling into the parking lot I got another call from Lacey saying that she had learned from the towing guy and that he would be at the yard within the next 15 min to let her at her car. I turned right around went to pick up Lacey and then headed right back to the towing yard to get her stuff. After that we stopped by the store so that Lacey could pick up some last Reese's minis and so that I could pick up some stuff to make a birthday cake for Jaime. After that I dropped Lacey off again and headed straight for the gym.
After my workout I headed back to the store to pick up some stuff that I had forgotten on my first go around. While there I also on a whim bought a rose for one of my old roommates from last year, Keri, who lives on the floor beneath mine. I then went back to my apartment and got some stuff together to drop off with my old roommates Jenny and Rachel. I chatted with Rachel for a bit and then ran off back to my apartment to shower and get ready for this evening.
I showered and got Jaime's cake going in the oven and was in the process of doing my make-up when Dave appeared carrying a bouquet of roses and a wood carving of my name that he has apparently been working on all semester. He painted it black and then had some daisies painted on it because he knows that they're my favorite. When I asked him if he was the one responsible for the flowers he said "No, that was DeVeer (his boss at the paint shop). That man just really likes painting Daisies." haha After that he went off to eat some food and I finished my makeup and then my roommates and Dave and I headed up to the nearest Chipotle in Sandy where they were having a buy one burrito get one burrito free deal in honor of Valentine's Day. After that we all went over to Paradise Bakery and Cafe for some cookies. Usually I jump at the chance to get some cookies from paradise but today I was feeling a little indifferent one way or the other and when I told Dave this he about fell over. We got there right as they were closing down and so the guy behind the counter was trying to get rid of the last of the days cookies so he didn't have to take them home so he was basically giving them to us for free. It was pretty great. :)
After that Dave and I left to head back to Provo so that I could get back for work. My roommate Katherine was riding with us and I forget what we were talking about but somehow Katherine dared Dave to kiss me at the next stop light and Dave definitely did it. It was pretty funny. We got back and I went and gave Keri her rose and talked with her for a minute or two and then went and spent the rest of my time before work with Dave.
All in all I would say it was definitely a fabulous V-day. And to make it even better I found out that Desi and Mike had little Ruby this afternoon. Perfect end to a V-day although I kind of wish that I could have spent a little more time with Dave instead of having to come to work.:)

No comments: