Thursday, March 24, 2011

So, life has been kind of rocky for me this last month or so.
For those of you haven't already heard from Mom, Dave and I split in the early part of March. There were a lot of reasons, some of them had to do with me and some had to do with him. Dave and I are still working on the being friends thing afterwards and we're struggling. It's hard, but don't hate him. He really is a good guy and he really did love me and he really did help me to become a better person. It's been really hard but the Lord has been helping me through it.
I've realized a lot about myself. Like how I receive answers to my prayers. For the longest time I felt like I had never truly received an answer to prayer. Turns out I was going about it all wrong. I think the Lord has been talking to me this whole time and I just wasn't listening correctly. My whole life I've always focused in on what I was feeling after I prayed but not necessarily what the Lord was saying to my mind. Does that make sense?
Anyway, turns out it makes a big difference. The only way I can think to describe it would be to compare it to someone talking to me in English the whole time I was listening for Spanish.
I've also learned (as I posted about last) that only you can make yourself happy. You can't depend on other people to do it for you. You can't say "when they do this then I'll be happy" or "when this happens then I'll be happy". It's just irrational to think that way and if you do you'll likely spend a fair amount of your life disappointed. I think the best thing is to just decide for yourself to be happy....even if it's hard and sometimes you just have to grin and bear it.
I've also learned about the amazing amount of peace the Lord can and will give you if you turn to him with sincere faith and trust. He really is a miracle worker and can help even on the darkest days. : )
The other resolution I've made is to try and be more patient and kind with people. I've been praying that I'll be able to see in other people what the Lord sees in them and love them the way that the Lord does...even if they've hurt me or annoy me or whatever. As part of that I'm also trying hard not to talk about people behind their backs/gossip about people. It's something that I do that was brought to my attention about a month or so ago and I was pretty embarrassed because I do do it and it probably sounds really juvenile and childish and isn't very attractive.
So, now that we've covered all of the things that I've learned this past little while lets continue onto a new topic of conversation.
My roommate Lisa and my friend Ashley have blogs that I follow and they have both recently started:


30 Days of Blogging

day 1- recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
day 2- the meaning behind your blog name
day 3- a picture of you as a child
day 4- a habit that you wish you didn’t have
day 5- a picture of somewhere you've been
day 6- favorite super hero and why
day 7- a picture of someone/something that has had the biggest impact on you
day 8- short term goals for this month and why
day 9- something you're proud of in the past few days
day 10- songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, hyped, mad
day 11- write a bucket list of things you want to do before you die
day 12- write a poem to someone you love
day 13- your 5 favorite books and why
day 14- a picture of you and your family
day 15- put your ipod on shuffle: first 10 songs that play
day 16- a picture of yourself
day 17- someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
day 18- plans/dreams/goals you have
day 19- write about a sweet memory from your past
day 20- write a letter to someone
day 21-a picture of something that makes you happy
day 22- what makes you different from everyone else
day 23- something you crave a lot
day 24- post your favorite quote or verse of scripture and why
day 25- what I would find in your bag
day 26- list 10 things that you are thankful for
day 27- my day job verses my passion
day 28- cruise a thesaurus and pick out 10 words you like the sound of
day 29 - favorite TV shows and why you like them
day 30 - movies you can watch again and again


I'll keep you posted. : )

No comments: