Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day3- A Picture of yourself as a child

What can I say? I'm in college and have no childhood pictures of which to speak of. The only one I could scrounge up was one that Jenna posted of the whole family on facebook. In any case... if you're having troulbe locating me I'm the midget in the white and blue dress standing smack dab in front of Grandma.

In other news, in Spanish Fork, UT there resides a Hindu Temple. Odd, right? I mean considering that it's kind of in the middle of Mormon-ville, USA. Anyway, one of the Hindu religious festivals has to do with the welcoming of Spring. It's called Holi. The story behind it is basically kind of like Shadrah, Meshach, and Abednego from the Bible. Except for the Hindu's, it was a demon that was demanding to be worshipped and it was one man not three that refuse and was subsequently thrown into a fire. Anyway, one of the ways this is celebrated is through chalk throwing. In Spanish Fork they advertise it as The Festival of Colors. Well, Provo is a college town and just a stone's throw from Spanish Fork, and well, chalk throwing is pretty much bomb-diggity and so you can bet that thousands of college kids flock to the festival every year. So much so that the temple in Spanish Fork doesn't just do one throwing they do five-ish, simply to support the sheer volume of people that flock to the festival....that and I'm sure it makes them a dang lot of money. Anyway, Holi was Saturday and myself and a bunch of my friends attended. I was not able to get any pictures for myself but here are some photos of the madness as captured by other people...




Pictures of the Throwing


People usually come out looking something like this....

Anyway, it's a ton of fun! You get chalk in every place imaginable. The chalk is gardenia scented and so you're smelling that for like a month and blowing green and purple boogers but it's totally worth it! 
Welcome to my life....or at least the best part of the winter semester here in Provizzle.

No comments: