Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 4- A habit I wish I didn't have.

Where to begin?
There are in fact many habits that I possess that I wish that I didn't.
For as long as I can remember I have had this terrible habit of biting my nails.

This is bad for many reasons. First and foremost, seriously just think about how many germs your hands come into contact with and then think about putting that in your mouth! Yuck! But then on top of that I usually really don't know when enough is enough and I end up biting my nails down so far that it results in pain and sometimes blood. :(
The other bad habit that I'm working on breaking right now is over-thinking things.
There are so many times where I have driven myself to distraction and tied myself into knots and I think in some instances even fallen into depression because I over-think things. Because I simply can't just give place to things, trust and have faith in the Lord, believe that everything will work out for the best in the end, and then let the problem go. I was talking to a fried of mine the other day who was having the same problem and the advice that I gave him is the advice that I need to take. Just recognize that you don't have any control over it, and that things will be how they're going to be, and that eventually everything will work out in the end so just forget about it for now.
Another bad habit I have is gossiping.
A few weeks ago I read a talk by Robert S. Wood called Instruments of the Lord's Peace. Basically he talks about inviting the Lord's peace by not stereotyping, gossiping, and talking about people behind their backs. I decided that was something that I needed to change about myself. Then Friday I was talking to my friend Tyrell "T" about it and he mentioned that is part of what is considered to make a person charming...if they don't have anything negative to say about other people. It's really something that I'm working on changing.
And to close the last habit that I can think of that I hate is my impatience.
Sometimes I find myself getting frustrated when things aren't occurring in a timely manner. But I also find myself experiencing the same emotions when I don't get what I want. In either situation it isn't a very attractive quality and it's one that I'm trying to curb.

So there you go a full list of my terrible habits that I'm working on changing. 



2 comments:

Hannah said...

If those are your worst habits, I would say your in pretty good shape. I love you Felicia!!!!!!!!

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

I bite my nails too - have since the beginning of my existence...well not quite that long but you catch my drift!