Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 8- List of Short Term Goals for this Month and Why


Ok! So I know I'm extremely behind but what can I say? Thing got a little crazy this last weekend with Conference and other plans.
Friday I hit this place called Sammy's for dinner with Lisa and our friend Casey. It was kind of an adventure because first we were just going to go to this soup and salad place, Zupas. But then while were in line there I remembered this amazing sandwich shop called Hickory Kist that I went to about a month or so ago so we drove over there only to find out that they close at 6pm....seriously. On a Friday night? In a college town? I don't know how they expect to turn a profit. Anyway, so we were still in search of food when we walked around the corner and there was Sammy's looking pleasant and rather non-busy which is quite impressive since it is always busy. See, Sammy's is known in the Provo area for having amazing shakes....they put a whole piece of pie in each one. So yes, that was tasty, and then after that we went back to the G-hood (my apt complex is called Glenwood but in P-town it is more commonly referred to as GlenHood) and met up with the usual group of peeps for night games (capture the flag, utlimate frisbee, etc. at the park). After night games were finished we went back and watched O Brother, Where Art Thou? which if you watch by yourself is kind of dumb, but if you watch it with a bunch of people is actually quite hilarious.
Saturday I woke up and watched the first session of conference, then Allen came over and we went to the store and bought stuff to make Nachos and we did that as a big group for lunch. We also watched the travel channel and saw this giant rubber band thing.  Basically, they attach you to a giant sling shot, then use a trailer to tow you backwards and then release and you bounce back and forth. It looked so cool! And, best part? This giant rubber band is conveniently located just a few miles north inside the Provo canyon. Guess who has a new idea for a summer activity?! After lunch we dispersed to watch the second session of conference then the girls and I went shopping while the guys went to Priesthood. Afterwards they all came back to my place and we had a little muffin party! Dee-lish! Then, a bunch of us went out to grab some substantial food, which was pretty fun but things seemed to be hitting a downward spiral as I headed off to work at 10pm.
Sunday morning I didn't even bother with going to sleep after work because I knew that I would wake up in time for conference if I had. Lisa had a bunch of people over for breakfast Sunday morning and then we tuned in for conference. Might I add though that at this point I had been awake for 24hrs straight and I'm a little ashamed to admit that I was struggling not to nod off during the first session. In between session Ashley and I headed over to Courtyard at Jamestown, an assisted living villa in south Provo. I have been volunteering there since last semester, but took a little break these past few months and am beginning to start going again. Ashley needs the volunteer hours for one of her classes. It was quite an enjoyable visit, as it usually is. I love the elderly! I love hearing all of their stories and their perspectives on things! : )
After Courtyard we headed back and caught the last session of conference. Then I took Ashley home and Lisa and I cleaned up a little bit after the morning's breakfast festivities. I finally worked in a little bit of a nap and then Lisa and I went for a drive up the canyon, to the Y and the temple. It was good to just talk to her and know that there is someone out there who feels the same way I do sometimes and knows what I'm going through. After that we headed back to the apts and hung out with Allen for a bit before I had to go to work. All in all it was a pretty great weekend! I loved all the conference talks on Service, especially President Eyring's and Elder Ballard's. I also really enjoyed the talk by Elders Oaks and Christofferson! So great! Like Christmas in April.
Anyway, now that I've updated back to this business of the 30 day Blog post.
Long term life goals!




'nough said.

But seriously some goals for this month:
Start to save money/put myself on a budget.
Be more consistent at my scripture reading.
Love everyone.
Help as many as I can.
Be a good friend. 
Make it through graduation.
Love my family as much as I can.
Let people know I really do appreciate them and am thankful that the Lord brought them into my life.

1 comment:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

those goals seem accomplishable!

getting through graduation to some seem like an easy feat but it can get crazy around that time. I just kept telling myself only x amount of days and it helped me get through! :)

Good luck and good job Felicia! :)