Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 12- Write a Poem to Someone You Love

Seriously? I'm really not the poetic type.

You lift me when I fall
And you really don't mind at all.
You cheer me up when I'm down
You create a smile from a frown.
You make me laugh when I don't want to breathe
You calm me down when I want to seethe.
You make me want to reach for more
That is why it's you I adore.
I love you more than I ever thought possible
And for you I'll always be thankful.

So there you go. I gave it my best effort. This really isn't written to one person specifically but I guess this is more about the qualities I the people that I love (which there are a lot of) possess. In thinking about it this poem could be given to any one of my family members or friends. I have been blessed by the Lord to have some pretty awesome people in my life. People who make me want to be a better person and are really there for me when I need them. And every day when I kneel down to pray I thank the Lord that He has brought them into my life.

No comments: