Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Okay, I figure I owe it to myself to keep a better record of my day to day comings and goings this year. Hopefully, that will lead to this thing being updated a whole heck of a lot more.

I made it through last semester (my first in the MSW program at BYU) relatively unscathed. As part of the program we are not allowed to get more than two Cs. If you hit three you're automatically terminated from the program. I made it through with I think three B-'s, one B, and one B+, so no C's which is more than can be said for some of the people in my program, but I still didn't do as well as I would have liked. But then, I have to figure in too, that none of the other students were working a full time job in addition to taking 16 credit hours in grad school. So, the fact that I made it out of this last semester (which was pretty much the most stressful one of my life) without any C's was cause for celebration! I'm really excited about this semester, it's shaping up to be a little easier and more fun because we get to take electives now, having some say over what we're learning about whereas last semester there wasn't. I'm taking this one class on personality development and the final includes the instructor taking the entire class out for Chinese. I can...handle that. I'm a little concerned though, I contracted bronchitis over the Christmas Break and because of that I missed my first three classes of the semester. I made sure to email my professor's about it before hand though so I'm hoping the reprecussions won't be too severe,

This morning I woke myself up at 5:30 am and got ready for work. I was on the Children's Unit today. It was a long and stressful day for reasons that I can't really go into detail on. Let's just say that it ended with me getting kicked in the face...literally.

After work I headed out to run some errands. I had some checks that my roommates gave me for utilities a few months back that I never deposited so I did that, dropped some stuff off at DI, and a few other little things.

Early yesterday afternoon I got a text message from my old friend Cody Winters. He and I are both Glenwood alum and I guess you could say that we ran in sort of the same circles (he dated my old roommate and he at one time was Dave's roommate, in fact Cody still fondly regards Dave as the favorite roommate he's ever had.) Anyway, Cody was wanting to know how I was doing, what was going on in my life, etc. We chatted for a bit (or should I say texted) and it ended with him suggesting that we should hang out sometime soon. I of course, didn't see that message until this afternoon at which point I texted him and agreed. He then promptly responded and asked if he could drop by this afternoon. I said yes and we spent the afternoon talking about evolution and how and if it can fit into the framework of the gospel. We also spent some time discussing how you know if someone is the right person for you to be with for eternity and how sometimes you just have to decide that that person is the one that you're going to love for eternity. That you're going to devote yourself to them mind, body, and soul and never look back. It was a very interesting conversation. As he was leaving today though Cody looked at me and said "next time we should try not to talk about such heavy topics, it'll be more fun." haha

After Cody left my roommates and I hit the gym for a little bit. Can I just digress here for a little bit and mention how annoyed I get when the gym is overcrowded. Drives me insane. But at the same time it was good, I got some much needed exercise, because sad to say, I let myself go this last semester and I put on something like 5-10 lbs.

Back in August I got a text message from my friend whom I affectionately refer to as Craiggles asking me if I would be willing to help out with a surprise birthday party he was planning to throw for our friend Rulon Bailey. I agreed but it really couldn't have come at a worse time because it ended up with Craiggles dropping off 20+ bottles of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider, various boxes of crackers, and a giant ice cooler the size of my head at my old apartment at Glenwood three days before I was set to move into my new apartment at Chathamtowne. I eventually got it all sorted though and made the move to my new apartment along with all of the stuff for Rulon's party, which was held the day after I moved in. However, the only hitch was that the night of the party I somehow forgot to return the cooler to Craiggles. I have kept forgetting to do it ever since, even though I've seen them both a few times since then. Today though, in an effort to finally officially move into my apartment and declutter my half of my bedroom, I made a plate of cookies, stuck it inside Craiggles' cooler and knock-knock ditched it at his front door. I can thus officially say that I am completely moved into my new apartment. Good thing that it only took me a little over four months. :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I miss you Felly Hoffman!!!! And you are a beast for working full-time and doing 16 credits of grad school. Seriously. I would die.

The Rogers said...

I'm a little sad you didn't mention me. :) hope you're feeling better.