Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's strange...in the four years that I have spent here in Provo we have never had a winter this dry. Seriously, we have had absolutely NO snow. It snowed maybe like a quarter of an inch the Wednesday before Christmas but that for the most part has been it this year. Usually by this point, We got a little bit of snow today, but it wasn't much and if we keep having such unseasonably warm weather it's likely that it will be completely melted by Wednesday. All of this meteorological funkiness has been having some adverse consequences for me I think. I think because it has been so warm, it's been feeling more like the end of the semester rather than the beginning of it. That being said, this semester I have been experience some major apathy towards my classes. For example in my class on the Diagnostic and Statistical Manuel of Mental Disorders: 4th Edition (DSM-IV TR) I am already nearly 160pgs behind in my reading.  Problem? I think so. It really is time for me to whip my butt into shape and start buckling down to my school work, I mean after all that is what I am here for. 

In other news, this year in Relief Society we're learning about the teachings of President George Albert Smith. One of the things that we have talked a lot about since the start of the year has been Personal Creeds. Basically President Smith developed his "personal creeds" which were basically his maxims for life, the standards he lived by, etc. Since we've been talking about them so extensively I decided that it wouldn't hurt me to develop a few personal creeds of my own. I now I have a list of 19 of my own personal creeds hanging on the bulletin board over my bed. Don't worry though. I'm still pretty much wretched at keeping all of them. Something that I am working on extensively, especially the eating healthy idea. Hopefully though I'll get them sorted eventually.

So basically, that's life here in Provizzle. One extremely exhausted, lazy, and apathetic 23 year old Social Work student who is trying desperately to find a way to focus on the tasks at hand and at the same time become the best person she can, all while trying handle a full time job and 15 credits of grad school.

Oh, almost forgot! Internship placements were yesterday, I will be interning this spring at summer at the LDS Family Services offices in SLC Sugarhouse and next fall and winter I will be an intern at the VA Hospital in SLC. These are both exactly what I wanted so I couldn't be happier as far as that is concerned. : D

2 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

yay! I am so glad you got both internships! way to go!!!

Tristen Jones said...

It's sad about the snow. I have totally missed it!!