Wednesday, November 12, 2008







Pics (L-R): My freakin' sweet dinosaur that I drew at Enrichment tonight, The Obama Joke board we started last week after the election, The poster we made about a month ago for the noisy apt. above us.
So, I should start this blog by saying that I loathe the way that BYU does testing. Like for my Calculus class, the tests aren't given by individual professors, they are given by all the instructors of Intro to Calculus collectively so it's the same test for each student no matter who their professor is, and each professor gets a crack at writing one of the 4 tests administered throughout the semester (I don't know how they work the final). Can I just say how gay that is! Different teachers emphasize different things. Then you have to go to the testing center, which even sounds formidable and strikes fear into the hearts of every student at BYU, and is basically this giant room filled with desks where almost every student goes to take their tests, and is usually jam packed with people so you're sitting on top of each other, and there is always people coming and going, shuffling in and out, and people coughing and sneezing all over you, and the desks are so close together that whenever someone shifts in the slightest it causes trouble.
So Monday, I had to go and take my Calculus test and I walk into the testing center and try and find a desk that had enough space around it, well it took some searching but I found one, with really only one other person sitting across the aisle from me. But with my luck that was too easy, wouldn't you know it, the kid sitting across from me was...a sniffler. You know that kind, heck, I use to be one. The kind that don't blow their nose but sniff it! And the worst part about it was that this kid had it like timed, I swear, every thirty seconds without fail he would sniffle! It was soo distracting, and sickening. I finally had to get up and find another suitable desk. The test was difficult but I finally emerged nearly three hours later having received an 80% on it. I wasn't sure how that measured up, one kid I talked to said that 80% was the highest he'd heard anyone get, but some other guy said he got an 85%, and I overheard this other guy say that he guessed on two or three of the questions and got a 90% (how is that even fair)! So I was a little nervous, but today when I went to lecture my teacher informed us that the average for all the sections was a 64% and that the average for just our class was a 62% so I'm feeling a little better about my 80%. That was really the hightlight of my day, my Latin class is getting to be a bit more difficult and I'm beginning to worry a tad about my translations but I just plan on hitting the books pretty hard this weekend. Friday night Michelle and Jessica and I are going to this BYU sketch thing called the Divine Comedy which is really funny! And then Saturday we're going to a dance competition to see Zach. So it sounds like my weekend will have some fun mixed in. Tonight we had Enrichment night and we had one of the members of the Bishropic's wives come and talk to us about budgeting and such. It was interesting, although I mainly doodled while I listened, the product was my dinosaur drawing which you can see above, and which is now mounted on the wall above my bed! haha

2 comments:

blondeviolin said...

Yay for a blog! I'm so excited that you have one! You HAVE to keep blogging. I'm better at keeping track here than on facebook. And I love your pictures. LOL Especially your Obama board. LOL

Felicia said...

My favorite is the "Obama-nation" comment my roomate Kaela put up there! Makes me giggle!